Re: Zombie / Orphan open files

> On Jan 31, 2023, at 9:42 AM, Andrew J. Romero <romero@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> In a large campus environment, usage of the relevant memory pool will eventually get so
> high that a server-side reboot will be needed.

The above is sticking with me a bit.

Rebooting the server should force clients to re-establish state.

Are they not re-establishing open file state for users whose
ticket has expired? I would think each client would re-establish
state for those open files anyway, and the server would be in the
same overcommitted state it was in before it rebooted.

We might not have an accurate root cause analysis yet, or I could
be missing something.

--
Chuck Lever