Re: v4 clientid uniquifiers in containers/namespaces

On Tue, 2022-02-08 at 06:32 -0500, Benjamin Coddington wrote:

> There's a bit of a chicken and egg problem with 2, though.  If the
> nfs
> module is loaded, the kernel notification gets sent as soon as you
> create
> the namespace.  Its not going to wait for you to move or exec udev
> into
> that
> network namespace, and the notification is lost.

Wait a minute... I missed this comment earlier, but it definitely
points to a misunderstanding.

The notification is _not_ sent by the act of loading a module. It is
sent by the call to kobject_uevent() in nfs_netns_sysfs_setup(). That
again is called as part of nfs_net_init() when the net namespace gets
created.

--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer, Hammerspace