Re: pynfs: [NFS 4.0] SEC7, LOCK24 test failures

Hi Bruce,

thanks a lot for valuable info.

> On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 04:01:08PM +0200, Petr Vorel wrote:
> > I've also find different failures on NFS 4.0:

> > SEC7     st_secinfo.testRPCSEC_GSS                                : FAILURE
> >            SECINFO returned mechanism list without RPCSEC_GSS

> That shouldn't be run by default; see patch, appended.

+1, thanks for a quick fix (disabling it for all).
I'll have a look into testd what needs to be enabled (I have
CONFIG_RPCSEC_GSS_KRB5=m and have changed the default sec to
sec=sys,krb5,krb5i,krb5p, but it didn't help).

> > LOCK24   st_lock.testOpenUpgradeLock                              : FAILURE
> >            OP_LOCK should return NFS4_OK, instead got
> >            NFS4ERR_BAD_SEQID

> I suspect the server's actually OK here, but I need to look more
> closely.

Thanks a lot!

> > They're on stable kernel 5.12.3-1-default (openSUSE). I saw them also on older
> > kernel 4.19.0-16-amd64 (Debian).

> > Any idea how to find whether are these are wrong setup or test bugs or real
> > kernel bugs?

> For what it's worth, this is what I do as part of my regular regression
> tests, for 4.0:

> 	http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=bfields/testd.git;a=blob;f=bin/do-pynfs;h=4ed0f7942b9ff0907cbd3bb0ec1643dad02758f5;hb=HEAD

> and for 4.1:

> 	http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=bfields/testd.git;a=blob;f=bin/do-pynfs41;h=b3afc60dfab17aa5037d3f587d3d113bc772970e;hb=HEAD

> There are some known 4.0 failures that I skip:
> 	http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=bfields/testd.git;a=blob;f=data/pynfs-skip;h=44256bb26e3fae86572e7c7057b1889652fa014b;hb=HEAD

> (But LOCK24 isn't on that list because I keep saying I'm going to triage
> it....)

> And for 4.1:
> 	http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=bfields/testd.git;a=blob;f=data/pynfs41-skip;h=c682bed97742cf799b94364872c7575ac9fc188c;hb=HEAD

Thank you, having scripts with comments is very much appreciated :).
Maybe some of the info or even setup could be moved to pynfs git repository
(to have some setup done by tests). Or testd could be mentioned in pynfs README
as testd is not pynfs specific (uses more testsuites - lock-tests, cthon04 and
even xfstests-dev)

Kind regards,
Petr