Re: mount default minor version behavior

On 11/13/2014 10:07 AM, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> The problem with setting defaults in nfsmount.conf
>> > its not scalable especially in very large
>> > installations.
> I’m not sure what that means.
>
> There are three sections of the configuration file: one
> is for global behavior, right? What makes adding a
> DefaultMinorVers here a problem?
Its not so much its difficult to do, its difficult to
manage especially when it comes to changing something
in a vary large installation.

> If there is a scalability problem, shouldn’t we try to
> address that?
I'm trying to avoid one... ;-)

I just think one should be able to install a new kernel
that supports a new minor version and have mount.nfs be
able to use the minor version w/out recompile or
editing some config file..

steved.