Re: mount default minor version behavior

On Nov 12, 2014, at 12:10 PM, Steve Dickson <SteveD@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Fwiw: I thought this was the whole point of nfsmount.conf.
>> We should be able to rev nfs-utils while preserving the
>> administrator’s locally chosen default settings.
>>
>> +1 for using /etc/nfsmount.conf for this.
>>
> The reason the files exists is when we move the default
> version from v3 to v4 there would be away move the
> default back to v3 for legacy servers. Way
> way to move back from the future, if you will ;-)
> I never thought we would used it to go forward,
> just back...
>
> The problem with setting defaults in nfsmount.conf
> its not scalable especially in very large
> installations.

I’m not sure what that means.

There are three sections of the configuration file: one
is for global behavior, right? What makes adding a
DefaultMinorVers here a problem?

If there is a scalability problem, shouldn’t we try to
address that?

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com