Re: DNOTIFY to INOTIFY migration

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:52:31 +0100 David Heidelberger
<david.heidelberger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neil, what you think? Should I try someway simplify this as Al proposed?

No, Al is just letting off steam.

He hates the *notify interfaces (not without reason) and wishes people would
avoid them where-ever possible.

However rpc_pipefs does implement these interfaces, and doesn't implement
'poll' on directories, so changing nfs-utils to use poll wouldn't help.

I really don't think there is any need to do anything.  It works and there is
not expectation that it will every stop working, and no evidence that there
is any problem with how it works.  So best to leave it alone.

NeilBrown