Re: DNOTIFY to INOTIFY migration

Neil, what you think? Should I try someway simplify this as Al proposed?

Dne 2014-03-10 02:45, Al Viro napsal:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:56:59AM +1100, NeilBrown wrote:

> I still don't understand WTF does rpc.imapd *want* either of those, TBH.

The rpc_pipefs filesysem which is mounted on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs creates new channels for talking to userspace by making new pipes appear in some directory. Any client needs to arrange some notification for these new pipes
appearing so that it can open them and hold a conversation over them.
This calls for dnotify (in gssd and idmapd) or inotify (in blkmapd).

... or just adding ->poll() to the directory in question and using the
normal syscalls instead of all that weird crap.