Re: unhandled error -10026

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 01:53:44PM -0400, Andy Adamson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Andy Adamson <androsadamson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Wait, but couldn't there be multiple reclaims using the same open owner,
> >> in which case later reclaims could in theory hit BAD_SEQID?
> >
> > Nope.
> >
> > 3530 section 9.1.6.  Sequencing of Lock Requests
> >
> >    Note that for requests that contain a sequence number, for each
> >    state-owner, there should be no more than one outstanding request.
>
> Well - I sent this too soon :) .  Yes, a buggy client could send
> (serialized) reclaims with a bad seqid, and get NFS4ERR_BAD_SEQ.
> Tough to do with the above constraint, but possible.

William, is this easy to reproduce?  Would it be possible to get a
network trace covering the problem?

(tcpdump -s0 -wtmp.pcap, then send us tmp.pcap.  And also feel free to
take a look at tmp.pcap with wireshark yourself--you may be able to find
the call that's returning BAD_SEQID.  What we'll be curious about is
what the sequence id sent on that call was, and what the sequence id was
on any preceding operations using the same open owner).

--b.