Re: unhandled error -10026

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM, William Dauchy <wdauchy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM, William Dauchy <wdauchy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm getting a trace following an unhandled error on a linux nfs client
>> 3.4.7 x86_64.
>> NFS: nfs4_reclaim_open_state: unhandled error -10026. Zeroing state
>
> For the moment I don't know if the error is coming from a bad server
> implementation or if it's on client side. Should I assume that this an
> error that should never hit the client?

Yes.

The client only sends OPEN reclaims after noting the server has
rebooted due to previously receiving an NFS4ERR_STALE_CLIENTID or
NFS4ERR_STALE_STATEID error from a state-full operation  (RENEW, OPEN,
OPEN_DOWNGRADE, OPEN_CONFIRM, CLOSE, LOCK, LOCKU) which triggers the
client to establish a new clientid via
SETCLIENTID/SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM.

Upon server reboot, all state that the previous server instance had is
invalid - including OPEN seqid's. So, the server returning
NFS4ERR_BAD_SEQID (10026) on an OPEN reclaim is illegal.

-->Andy