Re: nfsd (and lock) changes for 3.2

Hi Bruce,

What does RDMA Non Support mean exactly? Maybe I could help if it's a resource issue?

Thanks,
Tom

On 10/25/11 7:34 AM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 08:19:24AM -0400, bfields wrote:
	- Progress on the basic 4.1 todo's.  Thanks in particular to Mi
	  Jinlong for (among other things) implementing the somewhat
	  tricky DRC limit checking.

	  The 4.1 code is getting closer--it *might* be possible to
	  finish basic 4.1 early as 3.3, at which point we could start
	  on optional features (like pNFS).  But that will depend on
	  people sending patches (and pynfs tests) for the remaining 4.1
	  todo's.
I've been keeping the todo list up to date here:

	http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/Server_4.0_and_4.1_issues

Some of them I think are relatively straightforward--probably anyone
with a little time could dive into them:

	- SEQ4_STATUS_RECALLABLE_STATE_REVOKED

	- backchannel attribute negotiation

	- ACL retention bits

	- Clarify RDMA non-support

Slightly trickier or open-ended; we may need to talk over design first
before diving in:

	- Make DESTROY_SESSION wait on in-progress requests

	- current stateid

	- Check 4.0/4.1 interactions

	- Callback failure handling

	- GSS

The GSS piece is probably the one I'm most worried about.  What we have
seems sufficient for current clients, but I know it's incomplete, and
I'm not entirely clear how much work it is to implement the minimum
required to ensure that future kerberos-using clients won't break
unexpectedly on upgrade to 4.1.

--b.