Re: bind mounts, crossmnt and multi client nfsv3

On 03/21/2011 08:04 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

[SNIP]

I'd be interested to move on to v4 but from what I've heard the
user-mapping no longer is done using the uid. Since the users don't have
entries in /etc/passwd and exist purely as id's in the filesystem the
username based mapping in nfsv4 doesn't allow me to use it in this case.
I guess the only way to accomplish that would be to write a custom
rpcidmapd daemon?

I'm currently downloading the openfiler installer so I can replicate the
setup here for better testing. Maybe updating the nfs-utils package to a
more current version will have an impact.

Apparently I need to export both the /exports directory and all the letter directories beneath it for the crossmnt option to work, e.g.:

/exports 192.168...
/exports/country/de/a 192.168...
/exports/country/de/b 192.168...
/exports/country/de/c 192.168...