Re: NFS stops responding

Well, it's encouraging to finally get a response and even more so that
you may be seeing the same kinds of failures.  I will post logging output
from /var/log/messages from the client and server machines while the
failures are occurring and maybe we can compare notes?

Dennis Nezic wrote:
Well I for one am convinced there is a bug either in the linux kernel,
or somewhere. I have a similar problem (I posted about it here on March
18 2010), where NFS activity very frequently hangs for several minutes,
for no good reason. (Changing the nfs mount option to "hard" should get
rid of the I/O Errors, but it's still incredibly frustrating/annoying
-- it will simply retry after precious minutes have been wasted, instead
of failing :b). My problems began ONLY after I upgraded my server's
kernel. When did yours begin?

I have noticed that when a client hangs, other clients still work --
ie. the nfs server is still (sortof) working -- so I imagine there is
something wrong with the client too?