Re: NFS-Mount with MIT-Kerberos5 doesn't use user tickets...

On Thursday 08 April 2010 20:58:49 you wrote:
> Sorry, I missed that, or forgot.  And you still get "mount : only root
> can mount ..." if you do "mount /mnt/net" as tomkrb ??  If so, that
> seems like a bug.

No, with that entry each user is able to invoke mount. The problem is that
mount is carried out with uid=0 then.

> Yes, because under sudo, you are running as root.
obviously...

I'm wondering if there's a chance to run mount with a non-root uid at all. On
the other hand is that really needed? I mean I just want it to pass the
calling user's uid to the rpc.gssd...

By the way the rpcsec_gss_krb5 is loaded.

>  You said you had this working for the case where root did the mount
> using a keytab though, correct?  It can also be caused by a mismatch
> of sec flavors.  (i.e., is the server exporting with krb5p?)
Yes, it worked fine when i used a keytab-file with the key for the client-
machine-principal in it. When i issued mount everything worked fine. The
problem with this kind of setup is just that this would simply be some kind of
host-based authentication and I can't trust the people which will use the
clients as much to use a keytab file. They could simply boot from a LiveCD,
memstick etc. and steal that keytab file...
I've double checked that krb5p is specified in the server's /etc/exports as
well as in the client's /etc/fstab (i've also tried it with "krb5" on both
sides but that didn't make any difference) .

Does it matter whether those two flags match before the security context is
completely established at all?