Re: NFS-Mount with MIT-Kerberos5 doesn't use user tickets...

On Thursday 08 April 2010 16:18:11 you wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:11 PM,  <thomas.wunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> By the looks of your /etc/fstab entry, the system (root) will try to
> >> mount /mnt/net automatically.  You could try adding the "noauto"
> >> option and then manually issuing the mount command as the user.  (Or
> >> use automount?)
> >> K.C.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure that it doesn't try to automatically mount the share on
> > startup since there is no log entry that would indicate such an attempt.
> > I already tried to do the mount as a user (which is authenticated via
> > kerberos such that there is a valid ticket for that user) the logs (that
> > i have posted) are showing what comes out of it. If I try to do the mount
> > without the fstab- entry (i.e. mount -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5p dnsdhcp:/
> > /mnt/net) it is being rejected on the grounds that only root can perform
> > a mount. 'sudo' doesn't work currently (i've got some problems with my
> > PAM config for sudo) so I haven't had any chance to try it out...
> >
> > I've already set up automount but it actually does exactly the same as if
> > I ran mount manually as described above.
> >
> > I'm totally confused because I don't understand what people like
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.nfsv4/5893
> > might have done to perform a mount with normal user privileges. If it was
> > really mandatory to be root (as stated by Andy Adamson in the other
> > message) then I wouldn't really understand why they should have
> > implemented the uid passing using that pipefs file....
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> To allow non-root users to do the mount, add the "user" option to the
> entry in /etc/fstab.  Then the user with uid 10002 should be able to
> kinit and then mount.  (Note that in this case, there is no need for
> the "-n" option to rpc.gssd.)
>
> K.C.

I've already added have the "user"-option in my fstab (I also reported that in
my very first message) such that the entry looks like:
dnsdhcp:/  /mnt/net nfs4   sec=krb5p,user          0       0

To express it more clearly:
The user with uid=10002 (username = tomkrb) can do a kinit but i guess it
doesn't need to if it is already logged into a bash-console using pam_krb5-
authentication-module. A ticket already exists for that session in the /tmp
directory and if i modify the "void handle_krb5_upcall(struct clnt_info
*clp)"-function in gssd_proc.c to not use the uid which is passed by the
kernel but rather use 10002 (statically) that ticket is also accepted.

Meanwhile i succeeded in getting sudo working. Performing
sudo mount -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5p dnsdhcp:/ /mnt/net
from a (physical) console where tomkrb (uid=10002) is logged in also results
in uid=0 being passed instead of uid=10002.

Is it possible to understand what i'd like to do at all?

--
Lehrstuhl für Softwaretechnik und Programmiersprachen
Fakultät WIAI, Universität Bamberg, 96045 Bamberg

Email: thomas.wunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.swt-bamberg.de/
Tel.: 0951 863-3852 / Fax: 0951 863-3855