Re: [RFC] Should lockd get into grace_period when statd start but not stop?

J. Bruce Fields :
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 05:42:18PM +0800, Mi Jinlong wrote:
>>
>> J. Bruce Fields:
>>> Our current NFS implementation just isn't designed to be able to shut
>>> down some components while leaving others running.
>>   Really? But the lockd started with nfs service start, but not nfslock service.
>>   And, lockd can't stop with statd at the same time.
>>   Sometimes, the lockd will not synchronous with statd. Maybe this problem is a good example.
>
> I'm sorry, I still don't understand.
>
> Please take a look at section 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 of the nfs-utils README
> file.  That describes the order in which servers should be started and
> stopped.

  Maybe that's my problem.
  The status of lockd and statd, when testing.

         lockd                statd
           |                    |   <== service nfslock stop
       get KILL signal        stopd   ^
   and get into grace_period    |     |
           |                    |     | more than grace_period time
           |                    |     v
           |                    |   <== service nfslock start
      normal state              |
           |                  start   Client receive SM_NOTIFY and reclaime lock,
           |                    |     but out of grace_period time.
           v                    v

  As above, after nfslock service start, client cannot reclaime lock success.

thanks,
Mi Jinlong