Re: [RFC] Should lockd get into grace_period when statd start but not stop?

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 06:22:35PM +0800, Mi Jinlong wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    When using command "service nfslock stop" and "service nfsklock start"
> to restart the nfslock service at RHEL with kernel 2.6.31, if start the service
> after stop it more than the grace_period time, lock which lockd get before
> cann't be reclaimed for the grace_period is timeout.
>
> So, IMO, the lockd should get into grace_period when statd start not stop?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.

Are you saying that lockd's grace period starts when the last lock is
shut down, instead of when the new lockd is started?  That would be a
bug, I agree.

But are you really shutting down lockd completely?

--b.