Re: nfs4 delegation - couple of questions - 6.10.3-custom kernel

On Wed, 2024-08-14 at 08:46 +0300, Roi Azarzar wrote:
> scenario 1 that I tested - 2 opens from the same client different
> owners (pcap attached).
> I'm wondering what should be the behavior in case the server received
> 2 opens with access read with want_read_deleg.
> I thought the server should give the same delegation state in the 2nd
> open and increase the seqid but I see the server doesn't grant
> delegation at all, can you explain it please?

An open stateid can only have one owner, so when you issue the OPEN
request with a different owner, the server has to issue you a new
stateid.

Delegations are a bit different, since they are issued to the client,
and not to a specific openowner. The server will not issue more than
one delegation to a client at a time, which is why it didn't issue one
here.

> Another behavior that I'm trying to understand is size,change  attrs
> in cb_getattr, I tested the following scenario:
>
>  client 1 open for write
> client 1 write
> client 2 do stat on file
> client 1 write again
> client 2 do stat on file again
>
> Each stat caused the serv to send cb_geattr but in the response from
> the client I saw the same change and size values, can you explain it?
>
> both serv and client versions
> >
> > ]$ uname -r
> > 6.10.3-custom

That sounds like a client bug.