Re: stuck/hung nfsv4 mounts

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 14:58 -0500, Kevin Coffman wrote:
>>
>> These are all from librpcsecgss (from the -rrr).  I don't see an error here.
>
> Good.
>
>> You should have gotten output from gssd itself as well.  You might
>> also look for any errors on the server from rpc.svcgssd.
>
> Nothing.
>
>> This looks fine.  (Assuming linux.interlinx.bc.ca is the NFS server
>> and pc.interlinx.bc.ca is the client.)
>
> Indeed, they both are as you assume.
>
> So I've restarted both the rpc.svcgssd and rpc.gssd with -rrr -vvv on
> the server and client (respectively) to see what more I can see but I
> can't get the upcall to trigger.  I would have thought simply issuing a
> mount would do that, but it seems not.  What exactly causes the upcall
> to be made and what might prevent it from being made?

There should definitely be corresponding debug output from rpc.gssd
(-vvv) if you got those librpcsecgss (-rrr) messages.  I would suggest
that you leave off the -rrr for now as it appears to be extra clutter
at this point.  It might help if you run rpc.gssd in the foreground
(-f) while debugging.  Also, make sure this is the only rpc.gssd
running.

Re: the upcall.  Any new mount using Kerberos should cause the upcall
to create a new context with the server.  Make sure the filesystem is
not already mounted.  After the mount, any new user accessing that
mounted filesystem should cause an upcall to create a context for that
user.

K.C.