Re: stuck/hung nfsv4 mounts

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 14:58 -0500, Kevin Coffman wrote:

> These are all from librpcsecgss (from the -rrr).  I don't see an error here.

Good.

> You should have gotten output from gssd itself as well.  You might
> also look for any errors on the server from rpc.svcgssd.

Nothing.

> This looks fine.  (Assuming linux.interlinx.bc.ca is the NFS server
> and pc.interlinx.bc.ca is the client.)

Indeed, they both are as you assume.

So I've restarted both the rpc.svcgssd and rpc.gssd with -rrr -vvv on
the server and client (respectively) to see what more I can see but I
can't get the upcall to trigger.  I would have thought simply issuing a
mount would do that, but it seems not.  What exactly causes the upcall
to be made and what might prevent it from being made?

b.