Re: stuck/hung nfsv4 mounts

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 10:05 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have a system which I migrated a couple of mounts from sys
> authentication on nfs3 to gssapi on nfsv4 to overcome the 16
> supplementary groups limitation inherent in the "sys" security model.
>
> It was working for a while but now I have "stuck" (i.e. hung) NFS
> mounts.  It seems that a mount issued from the automounter kicked all of
> this off but I cannot be sure of that.
>
> In my process table I have a number of processes blocked in the NFSv4
> path including a mount command:
>
> /bin/mount -t nfs4 -s -o sec=krb5i,rw,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 linux:/home/share /autohome/share

BTW: NFSv4 + soft == BAD BAD BAD! You will see weird behaviour, as the
client and the server will have divergent opinions on what happened
if/when an RPC call fails.

Otherwise, have you checked on the state of your rpc.gssd? It looked as
if several of those traces were waiting around RPCSEC_GSS upcalls...

Cheers
  Trond