Re: Permission denied when mounting NFS (was okay before)

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:53:16PM +0800, howard chen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:21 PM, howard chen <howachen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, tested, and same error... Also tried "no_root_squash"...
> >
> > Really have no idea what is going on...
> >

> Problem solved by adding the following line in fstab, according to
> this site: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/linux-networking/44779-nfs-permission-denied-error.html

Huh.  Surely mountd or knfsd could have given a more helpful error
message, at least....

> nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd nfsd auto,defaults 0 0
>

> This is really funny as I never have this option in my other NFS servers....
>
> Anyone know the reason? Redhat's bug?

It looks like nfsd is supposed to be mounted on load of the nfsd module,
by a line in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf.

(Maybe you built a new kernel with nfsd built-in instead of built as a
module?)

But I thought nfs-utils was supposed to fall back on old behavior when
the nfsd filesystem wasn't found.

--b.