Re: Permission denied when mounting NFS (was okay before)

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Talpey, Thomas
<Thomas.Talpey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 11:05 AM 9/26/2008, howard chen wrote:
> You didn't indicate what the client and server were, btw.

client is 3, as I see when mount with verbose option: ... mount:
trying xxxx prog 100003 vers 3 prot udp port 2049

server should be also 3, default by CentOS 4.4, 64bit

> Do you have multiple interfaces on the client? If the client routing
> originates from a different address than 10.10.10.2, then the server
> will deny it because you have specified a numerical address.

Yes, both servers have interface for public IP, but as I can see the
10.10.10.2 in /var/log/message of NFS server, so I think routing is
ok.

> This isn't the source of the permissions error, but why are you doing
> a UDP mount, and with only three retries? Generally, TCP will perform
> better, and more robustly. Also, the "noatime" option is a no-op for
> the NFS client (servers are in charge of maintaining atime).

I agree TCP is more robust, but isn't UDP will have a better performance?

Thanks.