Re: nfs and kerberos authentification problem.

J. Bruce Fields a écrit :
On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 09:38:34PM +0200, François Valenduc wrote:
Kevin Coffman a écrit :
This may be a stupid question, but can you access the mount using
auth_sys?  As I think I said before, it looks like the Kerberos part
is working.  (Unless there are errors on the client side from
rpc.gssd.)

I finally found a solution to the problem.

Great!

It seems that it's needed to compile both NFS v3 and v4 server support to make kerberos support working. I find that a bit strange, but with this kernel configuration, it is working fine. I find that a bit strange since I export the filesystem as NFS3.
Should we consider this as a bug ? I am running kernel 2.6.26.3.

Yes, that would be a bug!  But: are you sure gss support was built in on
the server?

--b.

Thanks a lot for your patience,
François

There is still a major problem. Even if I can now mount the filesystem with kerberos authentification, I can't write any file. Furthermore, I can even not see the content of the exported directory without being root. Is it due to the problem of uid/gid mapping ?

François