Re: nfs and kerberos authentification problem.

J. Bruce Fields a écrit :
On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 07:58:56PM +0200, François Valenduc wrote:
J. Bruce Fields a écrit :
On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 07:41:17PM +0200, François Valenduc wrote:
J. Bruce Fields a écrit :
On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 07:31:11PM +0200, François Valenduc wrote:
I had indeed forgot to add sec=krb5 to the export options. But even if I add it, it doesn't change anything.
OK, and you re-exported?  (Just to double-check--what does exportfs -v
say?)

Is it really possible to use krb5  authentification with nfs ? I have
read a lot of howto and follow the  instructions and it never
succeeds...
I'm sorry you've had trouble with it, but yes, it definitely works--I
use it every day.

--b.

So, here is the output of exportfs -v relating to my home folder:
/home/francois ordi-francois(rw,wdelay,root_squash,no_subtree_check,sec=krb5,rw,root_squash,no_all_squash)

Actually, I forgot, if you're using v3, you probably need to allow
auth_sys mounts as well:

	sec=sys:krb5

(Fixed in the latest kernel git, but that's not released yet.)

--b.

I have changed it and it's still the same. The main problem seems to be the uid and gid mapping. I still get this line:

clnt: nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uid: -1, gid: -1, num aux grps: 0

Nah, that's normal--I get the same thing, and everything still works.

Unless maybe the directory you're exporting really requires a particular
uid?  What are the permissions on the directory you're exporting?

--b.

But, exportfs -v now gives the following:
/home/francois ordi-francois(rw,wdelay,root_squash,no_subtree_check,sec=sys:krb5,rw,root_squash,no_all_squash)

The line in fstab on the client is the following:
pc-francois:/home/francois /mnt/pc-francois nfs rw,noatime,rsize=1024,wsize=1024,soft,sec=krb5,noauto,users 0 0

What else should I do ? I can get a krb5 ticket but this is not enough to mount the filesystem.

François

It's my home directory, so it has normal permission for such a directory:
drwxrwsr-x 77 francois francois 4,0K sep  4 20:43 francois/

I don't think there is someting strange with this. I start running out of ideas to get it working. I have reenabled nfs4 (which I also tried) and it give the same problem. In order to do that, I off course changed the exports file like this; /export/francois ordi-francois(nohide,rw,root_squash,no_subtree_check,sec=sys:krb5)

And it is not yet working...

François
François