Re: Text-based mount interface breaking non-UDP mounts

On Apr 28, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Chuck Lever wrote:
On Apr 25, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 01:55:46AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
I checked the original bug report, and indeed it seems that the blocking was on the client there as well. I'll ask the user to check what happens when the
filtering is done server-side instead.

Hm, no, there's also reports of blocking on a firewall in the middle; see

The user is correct that the mount process for NFSv4 should not attempt to use the portmapper unless the port=0 option is specified. I will look into the problem.

This issue may be addressed as a side-effect of:

commit f22d6d79fe227245363a8849ea8c85fe6c6598c3
Author: Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Fri Mar 14 14:10:22 2008 -0400

    NFS: Save the value of the "port=" mount option

    During a remount based on the mount options displayed in
    /proc/mounts, we want to preserve the original behavior of
    the mount request.  Let's save the original setting of the
    "port=" mount option in the mount's nfs_server structure.

Please give 2.6.25 final a try to see if it prevents the noted extraneous rpcbind activity during an NFSv4 mount.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com