Re: Text-based mount interface breaking non-UDP mounts

On Apr 25, 2008, at 4:01 AM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:12:58AM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
Start with "mount.nfs -v" to see if the mount command tells you anything interesting. Then do a raw network trace to see what's failing during
the mount version/protocol negotiation.

There's nothing in -v except that it adds an addr= field. As for the
packet dump, that's the most interesting part -- for my part, the server doesn't have iptables, so I'm blocking on the client. In that case, exactly zero packets enter the write before mount gives up...

The kernel may be returning an incorrect return code to the mount command.

Set the NFSDBG_MOUNT flag before you try your mount, then look in /var/ log/messages. That will show you the kernel part of the mount process. And/or use strace with the mount command.

The other submitters have iptables blocking on the server, though, and it doesn't work for them either (one is using NFSv3, the other NFSv4). Is this really working for you?

I can't say until you post a complete description of a specific test case.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com