Re: Which distro?

On Sunday 22 September 2013 01:49:56 Bradley D. Thornton wrote:

(huge snippage)

> Excellent suggestions, cr, to the OP's original question - things that
> should definitely be weighed and considered before going forward and
> engaging in the actual evaluation :)
>
> Kindest regards,

Thanks for the kind words, Bradley.

I should add that, until recently, I was on dial-up, which made updating via
internet impractical, so I just used to update via the DVD install set when a
major new release of the distro came out - this meant I had a use for the
'abandoned' partition that the last-but-one OS was in.   In effect I used to
alternate partitions, so it wasn't entirely a wasted partition.

But I hope, between your comments and mine, the OP can find something that
suits his requirements.

Cheers

cr