Which distro?

Hi all,

which linux distribution would You recommend?

I'm looking for something easy to maintain and up-to-date.

I've tried Xubuntu, but it seems to me not to be very reliable, as I'm getting some problems upgrading: - It semms to do an upgrade, but obviously some files aren't upgraded. They're still shown as an "alarm", but cannot upgrade those. :( - As I cannot get enough info about those updates, that might or might not be a security problem.

I know (and like) gentoo, but it's too complex for doing everyday-tasks.

There're numerous linux distros ou there, could somebody tell me about other well-maintained distros, please?

Kind regards
Peter