Cinelerra--Video Editing??

I have Cinelerra working and am trying simple editing like removing
extraneous head and tail frames from .vob files that were captured
from VHS or Beta tape with xawtv and converted from it's default .avi
to .vob using videotrans because Cinelerra will not work with .avi
files..

After editing I render the project to a mpeg4 file that views with
the audio out of sync.. I tried both ways: a single .vob file with
muxed audio or separate video, m2v and audio, mp2 files.. If I
render either way without editing, the sync is fine...

I suspect this may be "normal" but can't seem to find any clues on
the Web... Most of the forums I've checked seem to mostly talk about
getting the program running in the first place.. No easy task it
seems.. I didn't "sail" through it either. <grin>

Any comments appreciated!! BTW I got one suggestion that I didn't
have enough memory, 512mB; so I upfitted to over 1gB, with no obvious
improvement.. The CPU is a Duron 1.3gHz which should be fast enough
according to most accounts.. I don't think it's the HD's because
rendering unedited files are in perfect sync... TIA.

--

    Hal - in Terra Alta, WV/US - Slackware GNU/Linux 10.1   (2.4.29)
.