Re: Massive SendTo

First of all, thanks.

I've developing a UDP Streaming server.
in order to isolate the problem i wrote a simple code that performs the
required sendto commands in a single thread in a loop.
due to accuracy requirements sendto executes are being triggered very
often (few hundreds microseconds) using /dev/rtc.
due to this accuracy requirement (unless other option is suggested) i
need to call sendto every short interval because i dont have any other
accuracy solution.
i measured ticks for sendto system call and found that under heavy load
the system has problem, sendto is the only system call and the cpu does
not have any time to perform its tasks so sendto actually causes content
switch.
in few streams stress sendto costs less than 20,000 ticks and under
heavy load it can reach 50,000 ticks.

As far as i understand i dont have any solution but implementing sendto
wrapper in kernel that will receive several sendto commands in one
system call. am i right?

-