Re: linux patch for high-speed networking (incl htcp)

Hi,

I am new to the linux-net list, and I am interesting in the SACK queue
scalability fixes.
I use a retransmit queue hinting patch with the kernel 2.6.4 and 2.4.22,
which separates from the Tom Kelley's Scalable TCP patch:
http://www-lce.eng.cam.ac.uk/~ctk21/code/

This implementation is rough, but it is useful on the lossy network.

> But I'm not even going to look at your patches if it's one huge blob and has
> the web100 stuff in it as well, that makes it impossible to review sanely
> and integrate.
>
> So why don't you, one by one, make small patches for your fixes, all without
> the web100 stuff added?  So, first we'd have the SACK queue scalability fixes,
> then the reordering undo fix, etc. etc.
>
> Keep the patches small, and test each one seperately, and then I nearly guarentee
> we'll integrate your work.

Thanks,
TAKANO Ryousei
-