Re: kL2TP v0.2

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

Well, it's out of CVS so all I really need to do is find a way of getting
CVS to show me all the patches plus descriptions. Would that be what you're
looking for?

That should work pretty well. Its just frustrating to get a huge big patch file that changes the behavior of 9 different things...particularly for someone like myself who isn't all that great of a programmer to begin with having to sort it all out. :) I assume it would be just as frustrating to get a bunch of patches that have to be applied together.

Incidently, I worked out where the three second delay came from. The issue
is that both pppd's are start simultaneously and the first one gets its LCP
request off before the other end has run PPPIOCGCHAN so the packet simply
gets queued up on the socket. As a result it's lost to the other end and is
retransmitted after three seconds, triggering the rest of the negotiation.

I'd like to be able to transmit all queued packets as soon as we receive the
ioctl() but we can't because it never reaches the module.

Probably not a big deal...particulary since running pppd's talking to each other on the same system will be rare, to say the least. From the sounds of it, we won't run into this once this is deployed in the real world...or if we do, its not that big of a deal since the retransmit happens.

--
Jeff McAdams
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest." -- anonymous