RE: Basic Routing problem

When you say both your windows box and your router are "connected to the
internet", what do you mean?  Are they connected to a switch that also
connects to the DSL modem?

If so, are you paying the DSL provider for multiple IP addresses (or getting
them for free [ha!])?

The usual scheme is to pay for one IP address.  Plug the DSL modem into the
router only (in the port labelled "WAN").  Plug everything else into the
router's built-in switch (the group of ports labelled "LAN").  If you do it
*any* other way, it can cause effects similar to what you describe, that one
computer works and the rest have problems.

Try this:
	1. Uninstall windows. (laugh--it's a joke)
	2. Shut down your windows box.
	3. On your RH8 box, as root, run "/sbin/ifdown eth0".
	   (You do have only one network card, right?
	   If not, you may need to say something other than "eth0".)
	4. Turn off your DSL modem and your router, so that
	   everything will start fresh after you've changed your
	   little network.
	4. Switch your cables around as in the previous paragraph.
	5. Turn on your windows box.  See if it can reach the internet.
	   If not, check your router status/configuration.
	6. On your RH8 box, as root, run "/sbin/ifup eth0".  See if
         it can reach the internet.  If the windows box worked, this
	   should too.
	7. See if your PCs can reach each other.  If you've cabled it
	   right, this should work whether or not they can reach the
	   internet.