Re: SA selector checks alone are not enough

Hello!

> since there are legitimate uses for it, e.g., someone behind a wireless
> gateway or a secure corporate gateway that requires IPsec.

Seems, the words "secure corporate gateway" add nothing to help
to understand. :-)

OK, trying to render it to plain English: do you mean the case
when more than one subnet is routed through single SA? If I guessed
right (and, anyway, if you did not mean this, it is also a bad case),
it is a problem. Solutions are:

1. to filter it at netfilter.
2. to enrich selector converting it to an ACL.
3. suggest one...

> Can you be a bit more specific about which bit doesn't make sense
> to you?

OK, the question #1. Why did you use IPCOMP? What is so special in it
wrt the case of wildcard selectors?

Alexey
-