Re: SA selector checks alone are not enough

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 06:53:01AM +0400, kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

> > host A outside the trusted network.  The selector of the IPCOMP tunnel
> > being any to any.
>
> Why would be this? Did we not agree that wildcard selectors on tunnel
> transformations are illegal?

Not that I recall.  I might have agreed to something like that for pfkey to
get people to set it.  But disallowing it completely seems silly to me
since there are legitimate uses for it, e.g., someone behind a wireless
gateway or a secure corporate gateway that requires IPsec.  Besides,
you can replace that with any selector that includes the network T.

> > Please let me know if you can find any flaws in my reasoning.
>
> I am afraid I did not understand the idea.

Can you be a bit more specific about which bit doesn't make sense
to you? Then I can try to clarify it.  Thanks.
-