From: David S. Miller [mailto:davem@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 12:13 AM
To: Jamie.Esliger@SiliconAccess.com
Cc: linux-net@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Full TCP Offload?

   From: Jamie Esliger <Jamie.Esliger@SiliconAccess.com>
   Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:54:01 -0400

   Hi guys.  I'm investigating the implementation of TCP Offload
   features in our Network Processor.

Please read this paper before making this grave mistake:

http://www.usenix.org/events/hotos03/tech/full_papers/mogul/mogul.pdf

I agree with the author up until he starts talking about
RDMA, RDMA is not the solution as much as TOE is not the
solution.
-