Re: Full TCP Offload?

   From: Jamie Esliger <Jamie.Esliger@SiliconAccess.com>
   Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 08:14:43 -0400

   However, at this point this is a customer driven request.
   If a customer comes to us and says "I can get full offload
   from Vendor X... can you guys do it?  We'll buy your product if you
   can."  Then powers above me will make the choice to implement
   or not based on $$ and $$ alone.  I might be the one to implement,
   but I don't make the decision whether or not to implement.

Just remember that those customers will come back to you a few months
later and ask why there is next to zero performance benefit from the
more expensive TOE solution compared to the TSO+checksum offloading
solution.

So even from a business$$ perspective, it's stupid, you're making
technology cost more for your customers, and even if they are stupid
about the situation now, they'll wise up later.
-