New era with Linux No Windows !!!!!!

Dear All,

I need your help realetd to this topic. There may be more than one solutions
for this problem. The problem is that how one can provide a similar interface
to user who uses M$ Windows as a workstation.

This interface should be user friendly and similar to M$ Windows so that the
end user do not get boared from this Linux workstation. The solution which I
have in mind is

1) As this Linux machine is a simple workstation therefore only core
applications should be installed on it. This include kernel and other basic
applications that are necessary for any Linux machine. We can use any Linux
flavour for this purpose Like Redhat, SUSE etc.

2) For Web Browsing all people know netscape is the best.

3) For office utilities StarOffice by SUN will be used.

4) For email client we can use netscape or any other client.

May be I miss some applications. People are fad up from viruses,therefore they
would like Linux,which is virus free.

A few days ago ActionAid a UK based charity decided that they will use Linux
at workstations end due to viruses, which spread and crash machines at
continous times.

My purpose is not for commercial use. I belong to a development sector
organisation in a developing country. I hope if we succed in a solution like
this then this will help promoting Information, Communications and
Technologies for Human Development and bridiging the Digital Divide.

I explain one solution which I have in my mind. There may be people who know
many other solutions for this problem which are being implemented in different
Developing Countries.

I hope gurus will help in this problem.
Many thanks in advance.