Connecting a box behind a second interface

Hi,

I have the following situation. I have my Linux box on the company
network. I also have a Windows box for which I don't have a network
port, so I connected it back-to-back to the Linux box via a second NIC
on the latter.

Now, I need to work with the company network from the Windows
box. I'll list the ways I tried and the problems with each of them,
and perhaps you can advise how it's possible to solve the problems
using one of those ways, or maybe suggest another way altogether.

First, I did simple NAT. I gave a different subnet to the small
network (Linux <-> Windows), and on Linux I enabled IP forwarding, and
masquerading for this subnet. I then could access the Internet from
the Windows box. However, I couldn't log on to the NT domain, because
broadcasts by the Windows box (needed for finding the PDC) weren't
forwarded.

Next I tried bridging. I bridged the two interfaces on my Linux box,
and the Windows box got an address from the DHCP server like any other
machine. That was perfect, but there was one problem -- I access the
Windows box via VNC, and this causes all the VNC packets to go to both
interfaces and flood the company network. Also, the back-to-back
connection is 100 Mbit, and the company network is 10 Mbit, and I
suppose that bridging them makes them both 10 Mbit. Not good.

Then I tried proxy ARP. I gave the Windows box a static IP within the
company network subnet and did arp -s etc. This came out the same as
NAT -- I could connet to the Internet, I could even ping internal
company servers, but broadcasts apparently still didn't go out.

So the problem basically is that I want broadcasts from the Windows
box to go on the company network, but I don't want my VNC traffic to
flood it. Is it possible to achieve? Any ideas? Some sort of tunneling
perhaps? Something else?

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh@hectic.net, alexsh@linux.org.il   +-----------------------

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage,
concludes that it will also make better soup.
	-- H. L. Mencken
-