Re: Trying to create a (odd ball) internal only & a external allowed.

	Hello Semat ,

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, semat wrote:
> You do not need to use the access database. Simply set inside's smart
> relay host to in&out and then on in&out do not allow relaying just not
> putting anything in access and relay domains should solve this. thus
> inside will be able to send mail to in&out but not to the outside since it
> will say relaying denied.
	I'll definately give this a try .  But ... I don't see how I can
	keep all the users addresses in the same domain ?
	ie:	joey@fictitous.com (on 'in&out')
		joseph@fictitous.com (on 'inside')
	If I use an entry in the aliases file then 'inside' can be reached
	from 'The World' .  This 'easily' bypasses any of the Spam
	prevention techniques I have (tried) using .  It appears that
	the forwarding done in the aliases file happen well before the
	actions in the spam filters .

	I can see that I left another wonderful item out of the setup
	below .  All the users are using either Internet exploder or
	PC-pine for accessing their email using imap .  All access to
	'inside' is from known ip's .  Access to 'in&out' may be from
	unknown ip's .  IF I don't put the users machines ip's into either
	of the access/relay files on 'in&out' They can nolonger send email
	to 'The World' ie: relaying denied .
	Thus I already have something in the access &/or relay files .

> On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> > 	Hello All ,  I am having a bit (to put it mildly) of trouble with
> > 	trying to create two systems .  One which users will have access
> > 	to external email & internal ,  the others will have access to
> > 	internal only .  my setup is something like this .  all ip's
> > 	are fictitous .
> >
> > 	-------------------------------------    -------------------------
> > 	    |                  |            |    |               |
> > 	[ inside ]         [ in&out ]     [ router ]        [ The World ]
> > 	                 ( smart host )
> > 	 10.0.0.1         199.33.245.7
> > 	 Not Routeable     Routeable
> >
> >  -	'inside' can send email to 'in&out' .
> >  -	'in&out' can send email to 'inside' .
> >  -	'in&out' can send email to 'The World' .
> >  -	'The World' can send email to 'in&out' .
> >
> >  -	'inside' cannot send email to 'The World' .
> >  -	'The World' cannot send email to 'inside' .
> >
> >  -	All users must have addresses in the same domain .
> > 	ie: joe@ficticous.com
> >
> > 	At present:
> >  -	'in&out' is the primary (smart) mailer for the domain .
> >  -	'inside' points all mail that it doesn't know how to handle to the
> > 	smart host 'in&out' .
> >
> > 	I have tried several sendmail 'access' database permutions on the
> > 	'smart host' to no avail .  If I attempt to reject mail from
> > 	'inside' it can nolonger send email to 'in&out' .  You can guess
> > 	how the rest of the permutations I have tried have gone .

	All helpful insights are welcome .   Tia ,  JimL