using RAS with cyclade router

Hi folks.

I am using linux since the 1.2.13 kernel and have a little network at
home without problem.

Now, i am faced with the problem of using a Remote Access Server like
cyclades or 3Com provide.
For the incoming connections, all seems ok but i need to connect client
through the RAS and have control of the internal modem because i need to
handle on an application basis the connect / disconnect of the modem.
In the old fashion style (ie pool of modem directly connected to serial
port of linux box, the use of ppp is well knowed and i have a few
pointer to understand what to do).

But this kind of server has internal IP routing table and connected to
the LAN through an ethernet commutater. I've had heard about "virtual
serial port"feature to continue to use ppp which handle only serial
port. Am i right?

Does any body have some good idea?
I 've read about "Portmaster" or Livingston Portmasters series.  Is it
the right place to search?
And also about Portslave RADIUS client software.

I've spent a few hours to search in my collection of Linux journal and
find these above items.

Could anyone give me more information?

Thanks in advance.

JM Strauss