Re: wavelan turbo 11Mb/s

> The next step you should make is the following: go to
> http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net. Get the newest package of source and
> compile it according to the installation instructions (they can be found
> in the HOWTO that comes with the source). Installation is not that hard.

Ok. I'm running redhat 6.2 and it has pcmcia-cs-3.1.8. I read the HOWTO,
make configure, make all, make install. Our laptop will be used in
another project for a few days, so I started with the most difficoult
task: the ISA-PCMCIA adapter. As far as I understood almost every adapter
falls into one of two possible categories: i82365 os CPIC, being the most
common i82365. I set up config files as specified in the HOWTO, shutdown,
installed the adapter, turned my PC on, inserted the wavelan card into the
adapter, but nothing happened. I did an lsmod and no modules were loaded,
so tried to probe with cardmgr/probe. Unfortunately it found nothing at
all: PCI bridge not found, intel PCIC not found, Databook TCIC-2 not
found.
How bad is this? The adapter has an ISA adapter and a front drive unit
like a floppy disk drive for two PCMCIA 16 or one Cardbus 32 bits.

Oh! Great! I managed to read some doc file in the install floppy. All I
can read is smthg from a troubleshooting section:

"If you see a window with a list such as: Intel 82365SL Socket Services
Databook Socket Services Cirrus Socket Services Vadem Socket Services VLSI
Socket Services Intel 82365LP Socket Services IBM 720 Socket Services VIA
VT83C465/469 Socket Services Not Install Socket Services 	software
installation	your Host Interface Adapter is not correctly installed or
the jumper setting is not default value or the default value (I/O address)
is also used by other Adapter card or your Host Interface Adapter is
defective  If you have to use a value other than default, please select
the Intel 82365SL Socket Services"

Does this mean anything to you?
I'm happy again. I can read Intel's 82365 here, so I guess it should work.

According to the steps I described above, is there smthg I skipped? should
I recompile kernel modules?

Thank you,
Matias.

-