RE: TCP Management

yes, when I am working on the application level,
most of the TCP details are taken care of.

But, I want to know the underlying architecture.
That is, all these application message will be broken
down into packets at the TCP layer.

And, are there two separate buffers at that layer to handle
incoming and outgoing packets? If the server continuously
send packets to the client, does the client has a chance
to send back the processed packet?

If not, outgoing packets must be kept in the buffer
till he has a chance to be sent out. But, there must be
limit as to how much the buffer can hold. Is this
implementation at the kernel layer and does it varies
between OS?

What I have seen from at the application layer is that
all return response will ONLY be received until all
requests have been sent.

regards,
Cham

-