RE: TCP Management

I think you answered most of your own question... if you're working in the
application layer.. then most of the TCP details are already taken care
of.

> >> The question is, will the response be sent out to the
> >> server when the server is still continuously sending
> >> the request. How is this managed and by which level - the kernel?

The client and server don't know exactly what each other are doing until
data is received... provided there is no corruption in the data. Packets
are handled by TCP.. which is controlled by the kernel, but if you're
doing application level replies, etc.. then it's the application.. which
then runs through TCP, then IP (v4 or 6), then the datalink, etc.

> >> How long and how much can the server holds the outgoing response
> >> before he has a chance to send out the response?

This isn't written too well. Hard to understand :)

-