Re: How to mount Novell 4.11 and NT4.0 file server as Linux

> I have one Novell 4.11 server (using IPX protocol), one NT4.0 server (using
> TCP/IP protocol), one Linux Red Hat 6.1 server (using TCP/IP protocol) connect
> each other in my LAN. Is there any Document or Guide Line about how to mount
> Novell 4.11 and NT4.0 server as Linux file directory?

For Netware server, look for 'ncpfs' package. You should use 'ncpfs'
from RedHat6.2, 6.1 contains version which does not work correctly
before first ncpmount.

Then, if your server is name OURSERVER, your Netware username
is GHOST.DEVEL.BASF.NZ, your password is SECRET99 and you want to
mount all volumes from server into directory /root/ourserver, do

mkdir /root/ourserver
ncpmount -S OURSERVER -U GHOST.DEVEL.BASF.NZ -P SECRET99 /root/ourserver

Of course, you must first correctly setup IPX networking. Consult your
RedHat manuals for that. If you want to do it manually, just ask your
administrator which frame you are using (802.3,802.2,etherII,snap) and
then do
  ipx_interface add -p eth0 802.3
(replace 802.3 with appropriate frame number). You should not enable
more than one frame on each interface, as Linux uses very old (obsolete)
algorithm for NetBIOS packet replication (this algorithm can really
screw your network when more than one such machine is on your network, each
NetBIOS broadcast frame is then sent about (N-1)^3 times to network, where
N is number of workstations which use all four ethernet IPX frame type).
                                            Best regards,
                                                Petr Vandrovec
                                                vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

-