RE: How to add "kill the process" during shutdown Linux redhat 6 .1server

you create a file called vnc located in /etc/rc.d/init.d
you can get some information from the included example (at the end of
this msg).

as is mentioned there, you might want to change the start) branch of
the case-clause so that your server is launced in the correct way too
(remove it from your /etc/rc.d/rc.local)

Furthermore you should create symbolic links that cause the starting
and ending of the vnc server at entering c.q. leaving of runlevel 3.

ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/vnc /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K15vnc
ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/vnc /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S55vnc

- -----snip----start--file-/etc/rc.d/init.d/vnc-------------
#!/bin/sh
# vnc
#  This script handles the starting and stopping of a virtual
#  network console
#

. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

case "$1" in
	start)
		echo "Put here the code to start the vnc daemon"
		;;
	stop)
		kill `cat /.vnc/my-linux:1.pid`
		;;
	restart)
		$0 stop
		$0 start
		;;
	*)
		echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
		exit 1
esac
exit 0
- -----snip----ending-file-/etc/rc.d/init.d/vnc-------------

******* Groetjes vanwege ***** Greetings From *******
Dieter Demerre - http://www.angelfire.com/de/ddemerre
  ddemerre@acm.org - ext.dieter.demerre@siemens.be

Although this private and confidential e-mail has been sent
to you through a personal Siemens account, it does NOT
represent any official opinion of Siemens.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and
have received it in error, please notify the sender by
replying with 'received in error' as the subject and then
delete it from your mailbox.

-