Re: a vir for w9x (I think)

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> Instead, why not demand that your commercial software vendor close the
> holes in the software you payed for and stop wasting list bandwidth and
> maintainer time with all these stupid virus announcements?
>
> I think it's ironic that windows users, exasperated by their vendors
> inability to meet their needs (i.e. non-virus-infected systems), now seek
> to have Linux mailing list maintainers patch their problems for them.
>
> You have chosen to use a platform that is plagued by these sorts of
> problems. Likely because the expense of switching to another (say
> Linux) platform was unacceptable due to your needs. I think that it is
> inappropriate to ask list administrators to be burdened by your problems
> when there are other solutions.

I believe his suggestion was in order to improve quality-of-life on this
list, not to solve his own problems. I do not enjoy receiving VBS
viruses, regardless of my platform. They waste list bandwidth in the
same way you are suggesting that he is wasting it.

Your quip about platform susceptibility, however true it may be, is
simply another form of the idiotic "Well if you don't like it, then use
Linux! Linux rules!" I have used Linux since the outset (how many can
say that) and yet I am still irritated by zealotry.

Manager: "We're getting VBScript viruses left and right. Any
suggestions?"

Minion #1: "Well I've put together a small MTA filter to address the
issue. It filters out the ma--"

Minion #2: "NOOOOO! NOOOOOO! SWITCH TO LINUX! SWITCH TO LINUX! SWITCH TO
LINUX!"

Regards,
Scott
-