Re: flash_lock issue for n25q 128mb spi nor part

On 10/01/2020 11:56, John Garry wrote:
On 10/01/2020 11:51, Tudor.Ambarus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 12:36:11 PM EET John Garry wrote:
Apart from this issue, on another topic, is there any special reason

Ups, I forgot about this. I had a patch for it, let me find it.

ok, cool

which we don't support status register.BP3? Is it that it is not
adjacent to BP2 in the register, so makes handling trickier?

Jungseung worked in the past for adding BP3 support. He have just sent a new
patch set for addressing this, feedback is welcomed:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-mtd/list/?series=152401

oh, great. I'll have a look.

Thanks,
John

Hi guys,

It turns out now that we may need support a macronix part also - mx25u12835f.

Do you know why flash locking is not supported yet in the kernel for macronix parts? Did no one get around to it? Or just a technical issue?

Cheers,
John