Re: UBIFS ECC errors

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 6:52 PM Sergeant Peppercorn
<speppercorn109@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, would this apply fo my 4.9.88 IMX kernel as well as the TI 3.12.10 kernel?

We care only about mainline, sorry.

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 9:51 AM Sergeant Peppercorn
> <speppercorn109@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, so are you saying that I should try to merge in these two commits
> > for a proper fix for this?
> > 730a43fbc135 ("mtd: nand: add nand_check_erased helper functions")
> > fdf2e8210529 ("mtd: nand: gpmi: Fix failure when a erased page has a
> > bitflip at BBM")

No. I said you need most likely 730a43fbc135 and commits it depends on.
Commit fdf2e8210529 was just an example of a related bug.

> > I am assuming these are from the mainline kernel?

Sure.

> > If not, how do I fix this? this other patch, instead or with those two commits?
> > http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2014-January/051357.html
> >
> > The patch doesn't seem to be able to apply cleanly to my kernel so I
> > must do some deep merging. I have not looked for the two commits yet.

This patch was AFAIK not applied because we decided to work around the issue
in NAND core.

Thanks,
//richard