Re: SPI-NOR FS512S incorrect CR3NV[1] value

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 15:02:09 +0000
James Tomasetta <James.Tomasetta@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yogesh,
>
> Attached is the latest CY driver for linux which might help.  It does
> not use the SFDP.

Yes, and that's exactly what we are trying to address. SFDP was
designed to provide a generic way to expose various information (memory
organization, supported cmdset/features, ...). If manufacturers don't
take care when populating these tables, we're back to the current
situation where everything has to be described on a per-chip basis (far
from ideal).

> We are working to see if we can update the default
> value of the device to 1.

I think it's too late for this part (we'll find a way to fixup the SMPT
table at runtime). But please be careful next time you design a chip.